What does my Amazon Account Health mean?
Amazon have released an Account Health Rating which is currently in Beta testing. It combines metrics and account status to calculate a rating for your account.
Amazon uses the following 3 health ratings:
- Healthy – This usually means that you are on top of any violations and complaints that have come into your Account Health page, and nothing serious enough has come in to cause an issue. Great job!
- Unhealthy – This usually means that you either have too many active Policy Compliance issues, or the severity of one of these has tipped your account rating into Unhealthy. It is likely that a member of Amazon’s Account Health Specialist team will proactively reach out to you to understand what’s caused/causing this and what you will do to resolve it before it becomes even more serious.
- At Risk – This usually means your account is very close to being suspended due to either a high number of Policy Compliance issues, or the severity of one or more of these Policy Compliance issues. Amazon’s Account Health Specialist team would have most likely reached out to you already to understand the cause and what you will do to resolve this. It’s very important to note that whilst an account is in this status, there is extreme risk of one further issue causing suspension.
Occasionally, your account could become suspended from factors not taken into account when calculating this rating.
Amazon Account Suspension
Amazon will not accept my appeal, what can I do?
Firstly, you need to understand what Amazon is trying to achieve when they raise compliance issues with their selling partners. It is not because they “do what they want” – Amazon is trying to create a trustworthy, great value marketplace that is all about the end consumer. They must do this whilst also complying with all applicable laws.
Amazon is in a fortunate position whereby they do not need any specific brand, if a seller or a brand is either involving themselves in activities or offering products that jeopardises this, they will simply not allow that seller/brand to sell.
When submitting an appeal to Amazon regarding an Amazon account suspension , you need to make sure that you cover the following details one way or another whether Amazon specifically request this or not:
- Root Cause – What happened that led to this issue?
- Resolution – What are you going to do to resolve this specific issue?
- Prevention – What are you going to do to prevent this issue from reoccurring?
I can’t resolve an outstanding compliance/policy issue?
Amazon usually has good reasons to request information, documentation and certification from selling partners for the products that they sell. We often find that there are 3 types of brands when it comes to product compliance:
- Risk Takers – Will push Amazon’s policies to the limit in all aspects to achieve quicker perceived growth. Often comes with huge risks as Amazon’s policies, and in some cases, laws, are broken to achieve that faster growth. These brands are usually aware that they are not complying with these and either do not learn from previous mistakes, or try to find ways around them.
- Unaware – Not highly skilled in the legalities surrounding the products that they sell which opens up risk that policies and laws can be broken. These brands are usually unaware that they are not complying with these. Learning makes them smarter as time goes on, but this is still an extremely risky approach.
- Highly Knowledgeable – Understand their products, market and the legalities surrounding this like the back of their hand. When policies and laws are broken, they will make sure that they understand what has gone wrong and resolve as quickly as possible.
What one of the above you fall into as a brand and as a business needs to be understood when Amazon notify you that your product/account is not complying with the relevant policies. Brands that fall into the Risk Takers category will often face more compliance issues than brands that fall into the Highly Knowledgeable category, and the resolution times for these issues will often be longer due to a lack of understanding and accountability.
If you feel that you have all of the information that Amazon is requesting, it may be a case of how you are presenting this to them and the commentary that you are providing. In these instances, you should look to either:
- Contact Amazon’s Account Health Specialist team, however, they will look for you to provide them with the answers rather than them spoon-feeding these to you.
- Work with an external account health resolution provider that has expertise in Amazon account suspension, however, you should understand their success rate, their charges, and the total costs associated with this service.
Unified Retail has extensive experience resolving both account-related and product-related compliance and violation issues on Amazon. Contact us to discuss the support that you require to get your account or listing back up and running.